Prevention is better than cure. This surely holds good when it comes to preventive medicine. Knowing your health risks can prepare you well in advance to fight against several diseases.
Annual wellness Ewing services allow you to address any potential risk factors for ill health and receive assistance in improving your health and well-being.
Annual wellness visits- introduction
Your annual wellness visit is a preventive health exam (annual physical) that is scheduled with your primary care physician to detect potential health issues early before they become serious. It also helps you focus on wellness and a healthy lifestyle while identifying essential screening tests, vaccinations, and other necessary testing.
Annual wellness services are offered by highly skilled primary care physicians who specialize in internal medicine. They collaborate with you to design a customized care plan tailored to your specific needs.
What to expect during your annual wellness visit?
You will be scheduled for annual wellness visits to provide you with comprehensive primary care.
You can expect the following during your wellness visits:
- Your primary physician will review your medical history to determine the presence of any debilitating diseases like diabetes, hypertension, or other disorders.
- Your social habits (smoking, alcohol intake) will be noted down to understand your lifestyle.
- A thorough physical examination will be conducted and your vitals will be recorded. These include your weight, height, blood pressure, heart rate, pulse, respiratory rate, blood sugar, and oxygen level.
- Your care provider will perform a detailed evaluation for any skin lesions, lumps, or skin discoloration.
- Your joint mobility and range of motion will be assessed.
- Your doctor will also evaluate your mental alertness.
- If you are due for any screening like breast evaluation, PAP smears, or a prostate exam, your doctor will conduct these during your visit.
- Your doctor will ensure that you are up to date regarding your vaccinations such as yearly flu shots, etc.
What to expect after your annual wellness visit?
Following your evaluation and physical examination your doctor will discuss if you require any additional diagnostic tests such as lab or imaging tests. This helps them gather extensive information to ensure a comprehensive understanding of your health.
Your doctor will provide counseling regarding:
- Healthy diet
- Weight management through exercise
- Stress management
- Management of habits like smoking and alcohol intake
Your healthcare team will emphasize integrative care to address all aspects of your well-being, including your mind, body, and soul. These aid in providing lasting changes to improve your overall health.
An annual wellness visit is an excellent opportunity to enhance your overall health and receive the necessary guidance for leading a healthier lifestyle.