Are You Wondering “How Much CBD Should I Take?”
CBD (Cannabidiol) is a component of the Cannabis Sativa or the hemp plant. It is used to relieve chronic or acute pain and is also used to treat insomnia or anxiety as it is known to have calming effects when used. As it is a natural alternative, it is generally preferred over other medicines with harmful side effects. CBD products are available online, and there are mainly three types, isolate CBD, Full-Spectrum CBD, and Broad-Spectrum CBD. The main difference among them is their compounds from the Cannabis plant. Whether one is taking CBD to treat a particular condition or wants to include it in their diet every day, the question is, “how much CBD should I take?”
Different products made from CBD:
- Oils: One of the most popular ways CBD is consumed is through CBD Oils. CBD Oil also comes in capsules, or another way to use it is in massages, especially for relieving joint pain or sore muscles. Each drop of oil contains 2mg to 2.5mg of CBD approximately.
- Gummies: CBD gummies are sweet products consumed like regular gummies or candies. Each gummy can contain CBD ranging from 5mg to 50mg.
- Topical: This includes any lotion, cream, or balm that contains CBD.
What factors decide the amount of CBD consumed?
There are various things to consider before deciding the dosage in case the doctor has not prescribed one. These include the symptoms one is treating, the individual’s tolerance to CBD, and other individual factors like age, weight, etc. Finally, it depends on the type of CBD product one is consuming.The dosage is not very flexible for products like capsules and pills, while this isn’t the case in CBD Oils or even gummies. Dosage is calculated in milliliters in oil and milligrams in other products.
What amount of CBD should I consume?
Keeping the factors mentioned above in mind, it is better to experiment and see what amount of CBD suits you best. Generally, the dosage for several issues is as follows: –
- Anxiety: For generalized anxiety, it ranges from 25 to 75mg per day, while it ranges from 300 to 600mg per day for severe anxiety.
- Sleep: For better quality sleep, it ranges from 25mg to 75mg per day.
- Pain related to cancer: 30mg per day or less.
- Substance addiction: It ranges from 400mg to 800mg per day.
. These are the dosages that have been used in research.
So, while deciding how much CBD to take, consider personal factors, the type of CBD you are taking, why you are taking it, and how many times a day. You can also use a dosage calculator if required.